Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Countdown to FL, Day 57: Girls Night!!!

Oh yeah, a long awaited "Girl's Night Out" is tonight!  Me and all my lovely girlfriends are going to see Britney Spears & Nicki Minaj (you're NEVER too old for Britney contrary to what my little brother thinks).  Therefore, no workouts for me today.  I'm pretty sure all the dancing tonight will make up for it somwehow (wishful thinking).  I'll get back on the grind tomorrow.

Breakfast:  Half of a smoothie (gave me a stomach ache so I had to stop drinking it)
                  2 eggs
                  2 cups of coffee with coconut creamer

Pork Sinigang
Morning Snack:  Apple

Lunch: A Filipino favorite in our house - Pork Sinigang, no rice

There are several variations you can make to this dish.  You can go wild with veggies if you like or instead of pork, use fish or shrimp. 

  • 1-2 lbs of meat of your choice (depending on how many you are feeding)
  • Tamarind Soup Base or Tamarind Root (if you go with root, be sure to add a little fish sauce for taste) I like mine really sour!
  • 2 small tomatoes
  • 1 large onion
  • Daikon radish
  • A small bunch of chinese long beans
  • 2-3 baby bok choy bunches
  • 2 cups Eggplant (just eye the amount)
  • 1 anaheim chile pepper (optional)
  • 5-6 cups water
Fill a pot with water and bring to a boil.  Throw in pork, let boil until cooked, add tomatoes and tamarind.  Turn down heat and simmer (I simmer for an hour or so, I like the meat very tender).  Throw in veggies and cook to desired firmness.  I like my veggies a little crisp so I dont simmer them too long. 

Sinigang is so good with rice, but I've given that up.  So just a bowl of meat and veggies for me today :)  However, very filling! 

Afternoon Snack:  Larabar

Dinner:  I've already done my research.. The girls decided on the Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner before the concert so I took a look at their online menu to see what they had for healthier options.  I will be having the baked chicken w/ the spaghetti squash.  I promise. :)

Another day down... 56 to go!

~kat

0 comments:

Post a Comment