Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Florida countdown begins.. Day 58.

I'm a pretty lucky girl.  I get to spend 6 days with my two best friends in FLORIDA!  They are both (of course) gorgeous and beach body ready... so, its time for me to turn up the heat when it comes to working out and eating right.
Michelle, Lisa and I on my wedding day (obviously)!  I only cropped my two beautiful friends out of the pic for the purposes of this post, I don't love you girls any less!! It was the last pic I have of us together.

Now that I actually have something to look forward to and an actual time frame to work with (not just me taking my sweet time and cheating on the weekends), I think I can finally be held accountable for how I treat my body in the next 58 days.  I will record my meals and workouts everyday.  I will not disclose weight (come on now, what woman would) but I will take measurements and record weight loss on a periodic basis.  KCF did a Spring Clean-up Challenge that I showed up half way through so this will be my own little clean-up challenge, "Kat's 'work-it-twerk-it' Summer Challenge".

I started my morning out pretty good.  Went to bed at 8pm last night because I promised myself I would get up and workout at 5am.  And I sure did!  I popped in a Zumba dvd and went all kinds of "Latin" on my poor living room carpet with my Nike's on.  I'm sure it will be trashed by the time I get to Day 1.  Anyway, not only did I get a decent cardio workout this morning but I also learned some new dance moves!  All in the hips girrrrrllll!!

Breakfast:  Two cage-free eggs  
                 Two cups of coffee with coconut creamer

Lunch:       5oz grass-fed steak
                 1.5 cups of mixed veggies (asparagus, zucchini, onions) sauteed in olive oil

Snack:      A handful of sunflower seeds from Trader Joe's on the drive home

I hit the 5pm Crossfit class.  Here was the workout of the day.  I did a 55# snatch and 20'' box jumps in 12:05.  Brandi, one of the coaches at KCF took my measurements so now I will be able to really track progress.

Dinner:  Well, it was a quick meal night.  So I threw together a romaine salad and topped it with an  AmyLu's Sweet Caramelized Chicken Burger with avocado vinaigrette.

So, now that you are all reading this and I've managed to gain the courage to post it online... its time for follow thru.  Looking forward to the next 57 days, maybe.

~kat

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with it Kat! I know you will do great! Keep going!!! You are inspiring! xoxo Kim

Kristen said...

you are bomb. miss you girl!! p.s. are you sure you are getting ENOUGH calories in? Don't start yourself! <3 ya!

Post a Comment