Friday, July 15, 2011

FL Countdown - Day 42: You Can Be Re-Born!

I was just having a little chit chat with my step daughter tonight.. you know, discussing things like what shows she watched today, what she did, and more importantly what she ate today.  Needless to say, the list of items on that list weren't exactly what "primals" would consider healthy and wholesome.  I went on to tell her about how important it is to feed your body with healthy foods and take care of it since it is the only you got.  She said something to me that stuck and I thought it was really cool, she said, "You can be reborn."  I love this mindset and more so that it came from a 9 year old.  Pretty bright kid!!

But she is right, anyone can be reborn.  You can change your path, you can better yourself, and you will be proud of your accomplishments in the end.  I started out this little cruise to healthy living only a few short months ago.  I feel better, I feel stronger, and I have more energy to tackle the day.  I give myself some leeway to be human but make conscious efforts to stay on track.  My "ahh-ha" moment happened when I was talking with my best girlfriend, Lisa of Fallout Crossfit.  When I was having that mental battle of whether or not to join KCF, what Lisa said rings in my head "you'll like CF if you give it an honest try."  I took her advice, gave it an honest try, and as cliche as it sounds it's changed my life.  I actually enjoy working out.  I enjoy the people at the gym.  I think the coaches are great.  And the workouts are incredible.  I will never go back to a normal gym ever again.  If you want results quick, you will get them at crossfit, but know that it comes with hard work, alot of sweat, and sometimes blood.  Give yourself an honest try, you will feel the same.

Yesterday's WOD.

Meals for the Day:
Breakfast:  2 eggs with chicken sausage and mixed berries
Lunch:  Vietnamese Style Beef Salad
Dinner:  Steak with a small green salad and fried eggplant

~kat

0 comments:

Post a Comment