Thursday, July 14, 2011

FL Countdown - Day 47 thru 43: Listen to Your Body

**Written last weekend**

It's been a long week, with WOD's that have left me feeling sore, bruised, and beaten. I really tried to push myself to get into the gym and made it 4 days this week. Now that I sit here on Saturday night, with my hands wrapped in bandaids (due to todays wod), I feel borderline exhausted. My hamstrings and biceps are tight. I think my complaining here is enough to say "I need a break."

Maybe it's because I've had a long month playing mommy and daddy, maybe I didn't get enough sleep, or maybe it is because I put in 100% at the gym this week, but whatever it is - I need to listen to my body and give it some rest. The next two days will be spent recuperating, relaxing, and reconnecting with my hubby.

Meals for the day:

Breakfast: protein shake after today's WOD, then 2 eggs & sausage
Lunch: fresh sockeye salmon burger at barbies cafe in sea beck, slice of mandarin cake
Dinner: Thai chicken curry soup and a small green salad

**Written today Thursday, July 14th**

I realize its been a minute since I've blogged but I have NOT fallen off the wagon.. just maybe the blogging wagon.  With my hubby home and me in school all week, my time in front of a computer has been limited.

Anyway, I wanted to make a sort of "update" to the subject of this blog.  Remember how I was talking about listening to your body??  Well, someone that I know very well happened to aggravate one of their injuries tonight.  Now the burning in their "joint" is really putting a damper on the evening.  When your body doesn't work the way its suppose to it can be incredibly frustrating.  More importantly, when your livelihood depends on it.

In addition, I would also like to stress how imperative it is to treat your injuries when they happen.  I know alot of people who just brush injuries off or "deal" with them.  Not what I would consider a good idea.  Get those injuries checked out by a physician so you can be diagnosed and start treatment.

Take care of your body, its the only one you have!!

~kat

0 comments:

Post a Comment